The Rolec EV Home Charging Socket is a simple, affordable, easy to install mode 3 charging station offering either 16amp or 32amp Mode 3 Charging, designed specifically for charging electric vehicles at home.
You may also order installation in addition to this purchase and then we will arrange for an SEAI approved electrician to carry out the work and provide you with the required certification to enable you claim your grant.
For information Call 01 541 3768
When ordering the Rolec EV Home Charging Socket you choose between the following options and extras…
1. Amps – The 16A (3.6Kw) unit will charge the average car in approx. 8 hours. The 32A (7.2Kw) unit will charge a car in approx. 4 hours. To install a 32A (7.2Kw) unit, if you have a power shower or a heavy load on your existing power supply, you will need to install a priority switchover – our electrician can provide this at an additional cost of €200.
2. Kw Meter/Timeclock – Tells you and meters the amount of kw’s used and enables you to turn on/off the charger to optimise electrical usage at low cost times
3. Keyswitch – This lets you lock the charger when you are not using it
The basic charger is available with the following characteristics:
Charge Mode: Mode 3
Charge Rate: 16A (3.6kW) / 32A (7.2kW)
Connector: Type 2 Socket (IEC62196-2)
The EV Home Charging Socket has the following Performance Specification:
· Easy to install / low maintenance
· Designed to be permanently located outdoors or indoors
· Available in both 16amp (3.6kW) and 32amp (7.2kW) formats
· CE approved IEC62196-2 charging socket and protective cover.
· Mode 3 IEC61851-1 compliant communication protocol
· A built-in 20amp or 40amp RCBO accessible via an IP65 rated access door
· Full overload and fault current protection
· Multiple supply cable entry points
· Optional Cover Lock
· Optional Key Switch Lock
· Optional Timeclock
· Optional Electricity Usage Meter